Join our team!
The American Bald Eagle Foundation is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization which includes a natural history museum and live raptor center. The natural history museum showcases wildlife of Southeast Alaska with over 200 taxidermied specimens and interactive exhibits.
The American Bald Eagle Foundation is seeking a museum intern for the winter of 2019. The chosen intern will have the opportunity to work closely with the curator to complete a collections project and gain hands-on experience in a museum setting.
Duties may include:
- Large-scale collection inventory
- Object cleaning and maintenance
- Manage object files
- Data entry into Past Perfect
- Write and edit object descriptions
- Working closely with the curator on special projects
- Enrolled in (or a recent graduate of) a degree program in history, museum studies, or a related field
- Museum experience
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detailed
- Able to lift 30lbs, climb ladders, stand/sit for extend periods of time
- Enrolled in (or a recent graduate of) a graduate degree program in history, museum studies, preservation, or a related field
- Collections experience
- Coursework in museum work
- Experience with Past Perfect
The selected intern will be expected to start on Monday, January 7th, 2019. This three month internship is paid with a biweekly stipend of $250, includes a travel stipend, and offers housing for the duration of the stay.
Interested candidates should send a résumé, cover letter, and the contact information for three professional references to email@example.com. Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or (907) 766-3094.